Frequently Asked Questions
1.What is Ultrasound Cavitation?
Ultrasound Cavitation is a non-invasive, FDA approved procedure that destroys fat cells in targeted areas of the body with low frequency sound waves. The ultrasonic waves heat and vibrate the layer of fat cells 2” below the skin's surface which emulsifies the fat from solid to liquid. Some of the melted fat will be used for energy but most will otherwise be eliminated from the body through the lymphatic and urinary system. Ultrasound cavitation is not a treatment for people who are trying to lose a lot of weight, but rather an effective way to target small areas to help shape and contour the body.
2. Can I lose weight with Ultrasound Cavitation?
Fat Cavitation is not a treatment for obesity nor is it a weight loss procedure. Rather is a method for
‘reshaping’ and ‘toning’ the body. It is particularly intended to reduce localized fat tissues which are
resistant to exercise around the abdomen (love handles), buttocks, and thighs (saddle bags), that won’t
easily go away by simple dieting and exercise.
3. What happens to the released fat?
After disruption and emulsification of the fat cells, liquid which makes up the fat cells, in the form of
triglycerides, is released into the interstitial fluid between the cells. This fluid is then metabolized to
glycerol and free fatty acids. Water soluble glycerol is absorbed by the circulatory system and used as an
energy source, whereas the insoluble free fatty acids are transported to the liver and processed as fatty
acids from food. The fat is a solid substance, how can it be eliminated through the urine? Because
Ultrasound Cavitation causes an emulsification of the fat, releasing the triglyceride fluid which is easy to
eliminate through the urine and the lymphatic system.
4. Is Ultrasound Cavitation painful?
Ultrasound Cavitation is a painless treatment. The patient will hear a slight vibration & ringing; during the process. No pain or discomfort is noted. The process is quite relaxing and feels like a warm massage.
5. Is Ultrasound Cavitation a safe treatment?
Ultrasound cavitation is a safe, non-surgical and non-invasive procedure with no downtime. Aside from
hearing the pitch or “ringing” of the ultrasonic noise, it is a painless procedure that produces only a mild
tingling and/or warm sensation.
6. How long do the results last and are they permanent?
The body will immediately start to eliminate the fat with results continuing to improve for several weeks
following the last treatment. Results may vary but the treatments can yield permanent results as long as
you maintain a healthy lifestyle including a balanced diet and physical activity. Drinking water is also
essential for obtaining positive, lasting results.
7. How many treatments do I need and how often should I be treated to see results?
The number of treatments needed will differ from person-to-person based on varying factors such as age, weight and the area(s) being treated. Between 6 and 12 treatments is recommended with a minimum of 72 hours in between each session.
8. What can I do to make my treatments more effective?
Since the body’s lymphatic system is ultimately what removes the cellulite creating fat cells, there are
certain steps you can take to ensure treatments are most effective.
- The number one tip we can share is to follow a healthy lifestyle.
- Daily exercise and a low-fat, low starch, low sugar diet will greatly help your overall health,
as well as your Ultrasound Cavitation results.
- Working out for 20 minutes right after your treatments can help to further boost results.
- Keeping yourself hydrated with a minimum of two liters of water per day is also key, as it
helps the lymphatic system run smoothly and be able to continually flush out toxins.
- Due to the potential for metabolic harm in the Cavitation process, before session no
pre-workout supplements, no caffeine, no soft drinks, no juice and no alcohol.
- Anyone with a pacemaker, cardiac or vascular disease, or another serious condition may not
be eligible for this treatment.
9. How long has Ultrasound Cavitation been around?
Cavitation in aesthetics was introduced for the first time in Milan in 2005. However, the phenomenon
called Cavitation has been around since the 60s.
10. Can these treatments be performed on male and females?
Yes, of course. Which are the areas where treatment is more effective? All those areas with localized fat:
thighs, abdomen and buttocks are the most appropriate, but there is no real limitation as to areas of the
body although we cannot treat the female breast.
11. Does it work on cellulite?
Yes, low frequency Ultrasound and Radio Frequency generally works on cellulite by focusing on
“Cavitation effect” on the fat tissue while stimulating the skin to tighten when followed by
Radio Frequency (RF) and using compounds that help break up cellulite.
12. How does Radio Frequency tighten skin?
RF skin tightening tightens loose, crepe skin. Our non-surgical skin tightening uses heat energy in the
layers of the skin to stimulate collagen and elastin production which improves the texture and tone of the skin and appearance of cellulite. A series of these treatments is usually performed for optimum
13. Will Radio Frequency (RF) be painful?
The pain level depends upon the device and setting used. Our Ultra Slim Line is PAINLESS, has same
day results, and will feel just like a hot stone massage. Older protocols, improper training and old
technology were what used to cause pain and discomfort. The Ultra Slim Model has solved this with all
the benefits of anti-aging for your facility.
14. Will there be scarring?
The risk of scarring is very small when your clinic is properly trained with both the Ultrasound and radio-
frequency treatments. Make sure to let your technician know your level of comfort to protect your skin.
15. What are typical effects that occur short term?
Some patients may experience skin redness, temporary swelling of the treated area and temporary
numbness of the area. Properly trained hands-on clinics are fully aware how to support and protect their
clients with the “King Protocols”. A client is advised to avoid contact with the sun, natural or artificial,
for many hours following treatment. Sun block should be administered to ensure rays are avoided while
walking to and from a location and while driving in an automobile.
16. Can Radio Frequency (RF) be used on the face?
RF for the face provides immediate tightening of the collagen fibers! It is great to do before an event, but it also provides a long-lasting lift and increase in volume! RF also continues to promote collagen
productions over the next 4-6 weeks following a treatment. With RF advancements, immediate results are seen in almost all patients during the first treatment.
- By treating the forehead, the skin across the forehead is tightened and eyebrows are lifted.
- By treating under the eyes, the skin is thickened, tightened and the upper cheeks are lifted.
- Across the cheeks, RF lifts the skin slightly and diminishes large pores.
- Over the mid-face, RF diminishes sagging across the jaw line and shrinks jowls.
- Under the neck, RF diminishes the ‘waddle’ or ‘chicken neck’ that so many individuals see as they age.
17. What are the benefits of Ultrasound versus Cool Sculpting?
Cool Sculpting is a procedure that induces painful freezing of fat cells to cause breakdown of fat tissue.
Cool Sculpting technicians will tell you the more pain, the more potential for better results. Results for
Cool Sculpting can take 4-6 weeks as the frozen fat cells break down over time.
Not all people demonstrate appreciable results. Some side effects include indentations where the unit
creases the fat to freeze the cells. The BSE Ultra Slim Plus II is the all-natural choice for painless fat loss
with same day results for those who want a quick start to their lifestyle change with skin tightening and